QuickBooks software has the feature of “Undeposited Funds”, in which customers’ whose payments are pending remain there. This is basically the “payments to deposit” section under “Undeposited Funds”, which refers to a holding account of the customer. Now the question arises how to turn off undeposited funds in QuickBooks?
In other words, when payments are made in the form of invoice or sales receipt, the funds will be kept in the “payments to deposit” unless and until the actual payment is deposited in QuickBooks accounting small business software. “Undeposited Funds” section in QuickBooks actually displays the payments which haven’t been officially deposited.
How to turn off Undeposited Funds in QuickBooks?
At times, a payment has already been made by the customer but the transaction is still seen in the “payment to deposit” window. What do you do? Let us find out below How to turn off undeposited funds in QuickBooks?
Method 1: Deactivating Un-deposited funds
In some cases, users face this problem very often when the payment transaction is seen in un-deposited funds even when the customer has made the payment. In such a case, you need to turn off undeposited funds in QuickBooks account. By doing this, the customer’s payment will not be in the “Undeposited Funds”. The steps are as follows:
- Go to QuickBooks Desktop
- Log in as the user
- Click on Edit
- Now Click on Preference
- Click on Payments
- Click on Company preferences
- Uncheck “Use Undeposited Funds as a default deposit to the account.”
- Click on close
Method 2: Delete payments
You can delete the payment from your “Undeposited Funds” by doing the following steps:
- Log in to your Quickbooks account
- Select Lists from the Edit menu
- Click on Chart of Accounts
- Click on Undeposited Funds
- Select the Amount
- Right-click on it
- Delete Deposit
- Confirm by clicking OK
Method 3: To check payment history
The following steps will help you to view the transaction for the payment of a client:
- Log in to your QuickBooks account
- Select Customers
- Choose the customer from whom the payment has been received
- Choose the correct invoice associated with the customer
- Click on Reports
- Click on Transaction History
Having problems in turning off un-deposited funds QuickBooks? Call us
If the above methods do not solve your turn off undeposited funds in QuickBooks, then it means that you need professional tech support to get rid of this problem. Call us immediately for QuickBooks Premier support.
We can provide all technical support services to resolve your issue, right from installing and running the QuickBooks software to resolving errors and problems.
We have a team of professional experts who are certified and trained to provide you the best solution for your QuickBooks problems. For any issues, call QuickBooks Technical Support Toll-free number ✆+1-800-961-6588.
The Scope of services
- Our team is available 24 hours to provide you all time support
- Our QuickBooks technical support services are affordable, reliable and quick
- No hidden costs involved
- We have a reliable team of technical experts who are experienced to deal with all QuickBooks problems and issues