In today’s business landscape, having access to a befitting accounting framework is indispensable for organizations across all sectors. QuickBooks is one such intuitive accounting solution on which a horde of organizations is banking on to render their bookkeeping services. It provides an ultimate ease to glean through business data and make informed decision-making. This value for money software offers robust yet bespoke functionality to create professional invoices, schedule recurring payments, and evaluate overall business performance. Also, it is accompanied with unlimited support to provide resolution to unwanted glitches for uninterrupted business functioning.
This article is an attempt to provide the sure shot way to fix QuickBooks error 1328. But before taking a step forward, let’s first understand how this error crops up:
Causes of Error 1328
Error 1328 is one of the most reported errors that QuickBooks users are encountered with. The error occurs when a file opens up in a different version than in its original format usually at the time of:
- QuickBooks Installation, Updation, and Uninstallation
- At the time of repairing process
Displayed in various ways, error 1328 occurs prior to another error or as a single error. It can occur owing to OS malfunctioning, virus invasion, failed installation, broken registry entries, and sudden power failure.
It is important to note that file name can differ when this error is caused, however the path remains the same, i.e. C:\config.msi\.
Now, let’s proceed towards the solution:
To get the error fixed, a user needs to Re-install QuickBooks utilizing clean install
Clean Install – When the issue is not fixed by a simply reinstallation process, it is advised to first uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop and change the name of installation files. After changing the file name, again perform the reinstallation process. This process is referred as Clean Install.
Note: It is important to be cautious while performing clean installation process while downloading the installation disc and the license number. Validate if you are downloading the right edition and the license number.
First Step: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Go to Start icon, type in Run to open up the Run command
- Now, write Control Panel and click OK to proceed
- Select Programs and Features. From the programs list choose QuickBooks and select Uninstall/Change option
- Follow the guided instructions to accomplish the requisite process
Notably, if you are still not able to uninstall and get the error message, it is sage to connect with a certified professional QuickBooks support service provider. There are chances that your Windows OS is corrupt.
Second Step: Re-title the Installation folders
You will get an option to either retitle the installation folders manually or by running a Clean Install Tool to do it for you.
Third Step: Re-install the QuickBooks Desktop
Once the uninstallation process gets accomplished, it is suggested to clean the temporary files on your PC.
To find the config.msi file, simply follow the below mentioned steps:
Go to the Start icon and right click on the same and thereafter choose Explore
Now, keep the mouse on C: Drive and double-click the same
To locate all the hidden folders and files
- Select Tools and opt for Folder options
- Moving ahead, opt for the view tab to select all the unseen files and folders
- Once done, you need to click on Show hidden folders and files and select Apply followed by OK
To locate password-secured operating system files
- Herein, you need to select Tools and opt for Folder options
- Now, click on the View tab icon and uncheck on the hide secured OS files
- Once deselected the hidden files, select Apply followed by OK
- Now proceed by right clicking on config.msi to retitle
- You need to .old in the last of filename and press Enter
- Again hide the password-secured OS files and hidden folders and files
To Repair the Broken Registry Entries
- You can opt for a reliable registry repairing software to fix the broken registry entries pertaining to QuickBooks program
In case your PC is infected owing to malicious programs, you need to opt for a virus removal tool to make your PC infection free
- Clean all the junk files from your PC
- It is always advised to only have updated device drivers on your PC. If not, uninstall the dated one
- Click on restore in order to undo recently done changes
- First of all, you need to uninstall the QuickBooks program and thereafter reinstall the same on your PC
- Run the SFC/scannow file checker and do not forget to configure all the requisite Windows updates
If you are not confident about doing the error fixing process at your own, you can always contact a reliable QuickBooks technical support service provider anytime to overcome from this catch-22 problem with utmost ease. Our experts are available to proffer you the right solution for your disgruntling problems.