Amongst many benefits of creating an assembly in QuickBooks, some of them are:
- You can nest many assemblies as well as in other groups items.
- You can apply a particular sales tax code to the entire assembly even when the individual items’ sales tax codes differ.
- You can include a range of services such as inventory parts, other inventory assemblies, non- inventory parts and so on.
How to build the assembly in QuickBooks?
Adding inventory assembly items to an inventory is known as building assembly. In this section, we will look at the ways of building an assembly in QuickBooks. So here are the steps:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Go to the ‘Inventory’ menu.
- From the drop down menu, please select- ‘Build Assemblies.’
- You will see another drop down list, choose assembly items that you wish to build.
- You may now see the following information:
- Sales Order Quantity
- Reserved Quantity (for other assemblies)
- Available Quantity.
Note: The above information will be displayed solely based on the choice of inventory you have created. (Therefore it is a case specific step)
- If you choose ‘Advanced Inventory’, please select ‘Finished Assembly Inventory Site.’
- From the drop down list please choose the location where you wish to save the assembly.
The advantage of choosing ‘Advanced Inventory’ is that you can track many inventory sites. If you wish to do so please follow these steps:
- Click on ‘Site’ option.
- From the drop down list select the location of each component.
- Enter the required information in the ‘Quantity to build’ field.
- Press ‘Update’ option.
Note: If you exceed the maximum number of quantity that you can build from the quantity on hand, then you will be notified that the bill has been marked as ‘pending.’ The bill will be marked as ‘Final’ only when there are enough inventories.
- You can change the build date if it is required. It is dependent on the quantities of the components in the inventory on the date of the build. If you change the build date then:
- The quantity of the build assembly may change.
- The status of other finished assemblies may change.
- Your control of complete the assemblies may change.
- The next step is to add memo of the build.
- Then click on ‘Build’ option.
- Then select ‘Close’ to successfully build the assembly.
- If you wish to continue to build a new assembly then you can click on ‘Build and New’ option.
Scope of Service:
We hope this article assisted you in building an assembly in QuickBooks. We understand that you may face any doubts or you may wish for a customized support from us. In that case please feel free to reach out to us. Our team of experts is available 24/7 at: