Error Description: User maintained tax tables are missing
Error Display: “A Managed exception was caught when trying to access User Maintained tax tables.
Causes of Error:
- The taxtable.dat file stored in the company directory is damaged
- This most often results from tax update not getting installed properly
Before attempting to run any tax update, close all User Account Controls (UAC) on all computers that are using tax update
Step 1: Restoring Backup To New Company
- Make sure you are logged into the company
- To take a backup – click backup option from the toolbar
- Enter the file name you want to backup > OK to start back up
Restore backup to new company
- Make note of old directory location by going to Maintain > Company information
- Note the Location and Close Sage 50
- Browse to the directory you’ve just noted the location for
- Right click on TAXTABLE.DAT file and rename it as TAXTABLE.OLD.
- Again open sage 50 and restore the backup to the new company
- Browse to the new company and copy TAXTABLE.DAT
- Browse to the original company and paste TAXTABLE.DAT into the original company folder
- Now open sage 50 and verify the user maintained table and check if you can run the payroll
Change the backup to a zip file
- Select Maintain > Company Information > note the location in the Directory > click OK & close Sage 50 on computers
- Browse to company data folder > Right-click TAXTABLE.DAT file > Copy > go to Desktop > Paste > change extension from .PTB to.ZIP
- Now Right-click TAXTABLE.DAT file in the extracted directory > click Copy > browse to the company data folder > Paste TAXTABLE.DAT file
- Verify if you are able to successfully access all the Payroll Formulas and generate paychecks without errors
Note: Always create a backup of your data before attempting any advanced solution and if necessary take help of a qualified sage support specialist to resolve the query.
RemoteAccounting Sage Help Team
The series of steps above will fix the User-Maintained Tax Table Missing issue. But, if you are unable to resolve it despite trying the series of steps, then you can contact the Sage experts team of Remoteaccounting247.
Any support related to Sage is available on Remoteaccounting247 for any issues or queries related to Sage. Our team works 24*7 for assisting you with queries and issues related to Sage.
Get the User-Maintained Tax Tables Missing Error fixed in no time, Just call us on +1 (800) 961-6588 and get connected to our Sage experts who will assist you round the clock as per your requirement. There is chat support too or can drop an email writing in detail about the issue you are facing.