Sage 50 is one of the best accounting software commonly used by small and medium-sized companies. But sometimes while working on this software the user can face various sage errors, one such is Sage file system error 100 which is usually caused by misconfigured files that create registry errors within your operating system. To fix this error instantly, read this article and follow mention steps.
What Causes Sage File System Error 100?
It is wise to understand the core reasons that lead you to Sage File System Error 100 so that you can better understand the troubleshooting methods and can take care of those reasons in the future too. So let us look at the reasons first:
- When the file settings are set on ‘Read Only’ mode, it may lead you to this error.
- If you find ‘Pervasive’ running as an application rather than a ‘Service’, then it can be the reason behind the error.
- Corrupted ‘Pervasive’ files can be another reason.
- If the cache files of the ‘Pervasive’ are too small, it can lead to this error.
- Corrupted files in any company directory can also give you this error.
- If you find UAC aka User Account Control enabled, then it can lead to this error.
- The indicated file is corrupted and can’t be recovered by the program it can result in this error.
- If the Sage 50 accounting program was installed outside the Windows program path, it can also lead to this error.
Let us fix ‘File system error: 100 in a file in sage 50 accounting’:
Quick Fix 1:
Please follow these steps to resolve the Sage File System Error 100.
- Inspect the error closely. The error indicates at the area of error too.
- Now open that indicated location.
- Right, click on the indicated file and from the drop down menu click on ‘Properties.’
- Uncheck the ‘Read Only’ box.
- Click on ‘OK.’
Quick Fix 2:
If you find the UAC as enabled then you need to follow the following steps to resolve the error:
- Right click on ‘Sage 50’ icon.
- Make sure it should be U.S. edition.
- Now open this as an ‘Administrator.’
Quick Fix 3:
- The third solution to this error is to put the ‘Pervasive’ services to a halt
- Once they are stopped try to restart them.
Quick Fix 4:
Another solution is to reboot your computer or the laptop. Here is how you can do it:
- Reboot your computer.
- Once it is rebooted successfully, try to open the Sage 50 accounting program.
If you still receive Sage File System Error 100 then please move on to the next solution.
Quick Fix 5:
As the fifth solution to this error tries the following steps:
- First of all completely remove the Pervasive from your computer.
- Now restart your computer to allow your PC to adjust to the new changes.
- After the above step reinstall the Pervasive to your computer.
- The above steps should remove Sage File System Error 100.
The Scope of Service:
We hope this article gave you a good insight on resolving the Sage File System Error 100. For any further issues please feel free to contact our Sage 50 accounting support team. You can also mail us or can talk with us via our online chat. To get in touch instantly,