It is annoying to face task windows crashing every time you try to do or save any transaction using Sage. Well, this article is written to help you precisely on Sage error after windows update and before it, read this note.
Note: You would require advanced knowledge of your computers OS aka Operating System while dealing with the registry of the Windows. Because any mistake in dealing with the registry of the Windows can cause a severe harm to your computer.
Why does Sage Error After Windows Update Cops up?
It is a wise decision to first understand the reason behind the problem before we jump into the solution as it helps to deal with the troubleshooting method in a much efficient way. So let us dig into the causes first:
- Recent Windows 10 update is reported to disrupt with Sage smooth functioning.
- If you install a damaged Windows update, then it can result in this error.
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update is also reported to be the cause.
Let us resolve the Sage error:
In this part of the article, we will discuss a few solutions to this Sage Error after windows update. Please make sure you follow the instructions carefully and in the right order as they are mentioned:
Tip: Create a back up of your data before you make any changes to the Windows Registry.
Quick Fix 1:
The first solution is to install 2018.2 Windows Update on your computer or laptop. Below are the instructions that you can follow:
- On your Windows computer open the ‘Services’ application. (You can type ‘Services’ in the ‘Search’ text bar, to open ‘Services’ app.)
- In the new window, look for ‘Check for Updates’ from the list of options.
- Now you need to download and install the 2018.2 updates. It is easy to follow a process which can be done by following the simple on screen step by step instructions.
- Alternatively, you can also check any updates available to your computer through ‘Automatic Installation’ option. If there is any update installation prompt, just click ‘yes.’
If the Sage Error after windows updates still persists then you can remove ‘Compatibility settings for Windows 8.’
Quick Fix 2:
The second solution to this Sage Error after windows update is to change the compatibility settings on your Windows computer. Here is how you can do it:
Note: This solution is for Windows 10 users. If you are a Windows 8 user, then please set the ‘Sage 50- U.S. Edition’ icon to run in compatibility mode.
Please follow these steps:
- Right click on ‘Sage.’
- From the drop-down menu select ‘Properties.’
- Click on ‘Compatibility.’
- Now select the ‘Change settings for all users’ option.
- Choose ‘Run this program in Compatibility mode for’ option.
- Select ‘Windows 8.’
- Click on ‘OK’ to complete the process.
The Scope of Service:
We hope with the help of this article you have successfully resolved the Sage Error after windows update that you faced after updating the Windows. For any further issues: