Sage is an accounting software which was designed to decrease the work load of small and medium organizations. Sage is designed in such a way that you don’t need a degree or certification in accounts. It has user-friendly interface, that makes working on Sage extremely easy but there are certain occasions when you may come across some technical issues. These Sage 50 technical issues are basically errors in Sage which acts as an obstacle in your work. One such common Sage Error is Sage Email MAPI Error.
Description & Causes Sage Email MAPI Error:
While sending an invoice through an email, you may encounter the Sage Email MAPI Error. The following error message will be displayed on your system”
“Email MAPI Error: An error occurred in sending message. Return Code 26”
“Return code 2, MAPI E error”
When you encounter MAPI Error, then there are chances that it is followed by another error. You will receive MAPI Error with a return code. There are may causes which are responsible for Sage Email MAPI Error like:
- Multiple version of Microsoft Outlook installed in your system.
- There may be slight confliction in your system as Outlook was set to “Run as Administrator” while Sage was acting as “User” in your workstation.
Solution Sage Email MAPI Error:
Here are some solutions which will resolve your Sage Email MAPI Error:
Method I: Check for Windows Updates
- Go to Windows Start > Control Panel > Windows Update.
- Check for updates, if any, download and install it.
Method II: Set default programs
- Log in to your system as an “Administrator”.
- Go to Windows Start > Control Panel > Default Programs.
- Set your “Default Programs” now.
- From the list of programs in the left corner, you will have to select “default e-mail program”.
- Click on the option “Set this program as default”.
- Click “OK”.
- Go to Set program access > computer defaults
- Click on “Custom” option and click on the right side of the drop-down arrow.
- From “Choose a default e-mail program”, click on the “proper email program”.
- Restart your Sage software.
Method III: Verify Add-in for Microsoft Outlook, that is installed in your system
- Close Sage software and Microsoft Outlook which is running in your system.
- Start the process of re-installing the Sage software in your system.
- After the installation, you will receive a prompt regarding the complete installation of Sage software in your system, then click on “OK” option in the dialog box.
- Open “Add/Remove Program Component” and then click on “Next” option.
- Uncheck the box of “Add-in for Microsoft Outlook” and select “Next” option.
- Repeat the above process again and this time check the box for “Add-in for MS Outlook”.
The solutions above are recommended by Sage certified professionals. If you have any queries regarding the solution or Sage software, then you can contact RemoteAccounting247. To get in touch with them, you just have to call on their 24*7 Sage toll-free number 1 (844) 857 4846. You can also visit their website and request for Online Chat Support.