Sage 50 is an accounting software embedded with amazing features and tools that have been designed in a simple way with all functional features to make quick work of accounting and reporting. So that the user can focus on efficiently running their businesses with multiple user facility. For this, the program must be installed on each computer that will use Sage 50 unless you are in a Terminal Services environment. Installing through a remote desktop connection or virtual machine is also possible for any time and anywhere access facility. Now the question arises, how to download Sage 50 on virtual desktop?
Quick Tips for Sage 50 on Virtual Desktop
The User needs to follow below-mentioned tips to install Sage 50 on virtual desktop.
- The User needs to install Sage 50 first on the computer that will store Sage 50 company data files (which is the server) which will record Sage transactions and records.
- After installing on the server, the user needs to install Sage 50 on each workstation where this accounting software will be operating for multiple users. One can follow the links for instructions which will be received once Sage 50 is installed on a server.
- Sage 50 Accounting and Sage 50 Pro support Accounting software is not multi-user, hence will be installed on a single computer only.
Sage 50 Installation on Standalone Computer:
- On the welcome screen, the user needs to click on “ View Installation Instructions” link to open “PDF” file with installation guide.
- The user needs to “Turn off ” anti-virus and then click on “Next” tab.
- Now one needs to “Agree to the license agreement” and then click on “Next”
- Now select “Auto configure the windows Fireball to allow install and run Sage 50” box and then click on ‘Next”
- Enter the “Serial number” for verification and then click “Next”
- The screen will prompt for “will this be an only computer running in sage 50”, the user needs to tick “yes” and then click on “Next” tab.
- Now select the location of program files and company data files, on install options and then click on “Install”. Now the user needs to complete the installation with help of link.
Sage 50 Installation on a Network
The user needs to follow below-mentioned instructions where more than one computer will be networked so that multiple users can access your Sage 50 company data. Here also, first of all, the user needs to install on the server computer where data files will be available for everyone to access. Then the user can install Sage 50 on each workstation.
- If the user has downloaded Sage 50, double click on “Sage50Accounting2013.exe.” downloaded by default on the desktop, else insert CD/DVD drive for installation.
- Select the option “Install sage 50 Accounting” and read the information and instructions appearing on the welcome window and then click “Next”
- Select the checkbox “ Agree to License Agreement” after reading it and then click “Next”
- Now set your firewall to allow Sage 50 can be installed by turning it off.
- Enter the “Serial number” available on disc or email sent to a user in case of downloaded.
- Now it will prompt for single computer, select option “No”, as now there will be multi-user setup for multiple workstations.
- Now a screen will prompt for “will you store Sage 50 company data on this computer”, select the option “Yes” and click on “Next”.
- Choose sage 50 program files location and enter the appropriate path for storage and then click “Next”.
- Now it will display “sharing company data” window and user need to right click on a folder and click “Sharing” One can select “Advanced sharing” option on sharing window and click on “Ok” tab.
- When the installation is complete, installation completed window appears, check the options as required and select the “Finish” button to complete the installation.
The Scope of Service
After reading the above post, you will able to install Sage 50 on virtual desktop in a very easy way, unless you won’t able to do it. There is an alternative solution for you which is calling on a Sage 50 technical support number ✆+1-800-961-6588 anytime and get in touch with a team of sage professionals. You can also visit our website to get the instant result by talking with our team via live chat.