Your Operating system for Microsoft Windows 10, is continually changing with all new updates. Sometimes the older version Sage 50 program is not able to work with the new Windows operating system. In this article, let us explore several causes and solutions for why your Sage 50 is Not Working After Windows Update. Follow the article below
In case you need professional assistance for your issues at any point, you can reach our Remoteaccounting247 Sage technical support team.
- When you are trying to open the Task dialogue box
- After your Windows 10 update
- When you are trying to access the general ledger
- When you are trying to access the reports
When your Sage 50 software crashes or not working, you may see this kind of error message:
- Error Code: “Sage 50 is not working”
- Error Code: “Sage 50 software is not working”
The error also might appear after the following:
- Once a user is trying to open the task window
- Once a user has updated new Windows
- Once a user is trying to open the general ledger
- Once a user is trying to open the reports
- There is an update of Windows 10 KB4043961 (OS Build 16299.19)
- There is an update of Windows 10 KB4041994
- Once a user is trying to print the check, the application closes, however, there is no any error message
- The application crashes or stopped working once a user is trying to drag the invoice
- The application crashes or stops working when a user is trying to process the invoices
- After the update, the invoice crashes
More Reasons for this error are:
- There are issues identified with the latest update of your Windows 10 installation which is released on 17 October 2017.
- The Windows update installation KB4043961 has been corrupted or damaged.
- The Update of Windows 10 Fall Creators is installed.
Important: Users should have excellent knowledge of the Windows operating system to fix the error. So, basically, they must seek assistance from the administrator of their system, as an incorrect change of the Windows Registry can cause a major harm to their system. The data ought to likewise be backed up prior to taking care of the issue to avoid loss of data.
Important: In case the task windows aren’t crashing and the application does when saving the transactions, then users should seek the knowledge on disabling their touch keyboard.
Solution 1: Installing the update 2018.2
Users should first pick Services and after that ‘Check for Updates’. Now, the update 2018.2 should be downloaded as well as installed. In the event that the error holds on, then the Windows 8 compatibility settings should be erased. When done, users should check in case of the application crashes once more.
Solution 2: Changing the compatibility settings
- To start with, the users should right-tap on the Sage and after that pick ‘Properties’. Now, the ‘Compatibility’ tab ought to be selected and after that the option known as ‘Change the settings for all the users.
- By following this, the users should check the option ‘Run the program into the Compatibility mode and after that pick Windows 8. When finished, the users should choose OK and after that Sage must be started. At that point, it ought to be watched that the issue doesn’t appear once more.
NOTE: If the Sage symbol is in your Windows Quick Launch Toolbar, the symbol should be right clicked and expelled from your system’s taskbar. When the Sage symbol has been transformed, it ought to be hauled to your Windows Quick Launch Toolbar and after that pinned once more.
I hope the above points will help you to troubleshoot the error, but in case the issue still occurs, reach our Remoteaccounting247 Sage 50 tech support team at any time of the day or night on this toll-free number ✆+1-800-961-6588