Sage 50 key file not found the error or we can say that bad key file error occurs when the user starts working on the software to manage your, payroll, people, financial, accounts, operations and other issues related to payments. Sage 50 accounting software comes in all business sizes, the user can access the software from anywhere. Can track all check and payments. Now let’s talk about the main causes of this error, how to solve it and the scope of services we provide to our customers.
Causes of Sage 50 Key File Not Found Error:
- When some key files get removed from the ‘Shared Documents’ folder ‘Key file not found’ or ‘Bad Key File’ error crops up.
- When some antivirus software in your computer creates issues with Sage 50 accounting program.
- If you by mistake move the Sage key files from the ‘Users’ folder of your computer, it can result in this error.
- On other occasions, malware can also be an important background reason that hampers the smooth function of the Sage 50 accounting program.
Please make sure that you follow the instructions in the right order as given:
Quick Fix 1:
The first solution to resolve the Sage 50 key file not found the error is as follows:
- Is your PC or laptop shared over a network? If yes, then there is a probability that the antivirus or the firewall of the other computers is interfering with the Sage 50 accounting program.
- Isolate your computer from the shared network and try re-launch the Sage 50 accounting program.
- Alternatively, you can individually customize the settings of each connected computer to allow the smooth running of the Sage 50 2018 installation accounting program.
Quick Fix 2:
- The second solution to resolve sage 50 key files not found the error is to run the Sage 50 accounting program as administrator:
- First of all right click on the ‘Sage 50 Accounting’ icon.
- From the drop-down menu choose ‘Run as Administrator’ option.
- Run the program again to see if the error ‘Key file not found’ or ‘Bad Key File’ has resolved or not.
- If the issue has got resolved then it indicates that the problem lies with the permission to access the Sage 50 Accounting program.
- You can configure the settings by making Sage 50 Accounting program to run as an admin.
- In case it still persists then please move on to the next solution.
Quick Fix 3:
The next solution is to uninstall and then reinstall the Sage 50 Accounting program to resolve any missing key files problem. Here is how you can do it:
How to uninstall the Sage 50 Accounting program:
- Please click on ‘Start.’
- Now Go to ‘Control Panel’ and then to ‘Program and Features.’
- Right click on the Sage 50 folder and choose to uninstall from the drop-down menu.
- How to re-install the Sage 50 Accounting program:
- From the support section of the Sage website, you can download the latest version of the Sage 50 Accounting program.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the download.
- Run the program after download to verify that the issue of ‘Key file not found’ or ‘Bad Key File’ has been resolved.
The scope of Service:
We hope this article gave you a good insight on resolving the Sage 50 Key File Not Found Error or ‘Bad Key File’ error. In case you need a customized support we are happy to help you. For any issues:
- Call Sage 50 help desk number ✆+1-800-961-6588
- The alternative method to get in touch with the sage 50 technical support experts. You just have to write an email stating your Sage related queries and they will respond you back with the best solution to your problem.
- You can find a lot of information on Sage accounting software on their official website.