Sage 50 is an accounting software that is recognized by many small and mid-sized industries. This software was formerly known as the Peachtree Accounting. It is a desktop based application with any time and anywhere cloud access and can be operated on both Windows operating system as well as a system with LINUX operating system installed in it. It is an exceptional software but there are situations which can lead to certain complications. These complications can be further categorized as the technical errors like Sage 50 Error Opening Company.asd. This error generally occurs when you are trying to open your Sage 50 Company file. You will see the following error message getting displaced on your computer screen.
Error Message: “Error opening Company.asd” when accessing forms using Aatrix.
Error Message: “Error opening Company.asd” when accessing forms
Causes Responsible for Sage 50 Error Opening Company.asd
When you are trying to access forms using Aatrix while working on the Sage 50 application, you can encounter this issue. When you will enter the Federal Tax ID, it will generate W2s & W3s in the Aatrix. Now, when you will try to make changes in the Federal Tax ID or you are accessing the company forms, you may encounter the error. This error will hamper your work and prevent your software from functioning properly. Here are two reasons that basically play the major role in the occurrence of the error, i.e.
- The Company EIN was altered in the Sage DacEasy.
- Issues with the Federal Employee Identification.
Resolution for Sage 50 Error Opening Company.asd
The steps suggested below will resolve this Sage 50 issue:
- Click on Edit menu and go to Federal Tax
- You will now have to update the EIN (Employer Identification Name) with the formerly used Federal ID.
- To apply the changes click ok.
- Restore the current Company file.
- Click on Edit menu and press the Federal tax option from the drop-down list.
- Press OK to apply the changes and update the EIN again with a different number.
- Create another backup.
- Restore from the backup from the step above.
- Click on the File menu and go to Open.
- Press the new company and make it your default company file.
- Close this new company file and open the initial company file.
- Again, click on the Edit menu from the menu bar and press the federal tax option.
- Go to the change the EIN back to its initial number.
- Press Ok to apply the changes.
- Close the initial company file and open the new company again.
- This new company will now be your company file for the further processing.
- Make it your default Company.
The steps above will rectify your Sage 50 error. If you have any doubts or you need some assistance, then it is suggested that you seek help from the technical experts like RemoteAccounting247 by giving a call to them. You just have to dial their toll-free number +1-844-857-4846 and they will immediately get back to you with the best possible solutions for your Sage errors support. You can also visit their official page, www.remoteaccounting247.com.