Sage 50 is an amazing accounting tool which is loved by most business users. However, it regularly presents a number of error messages on the screen, which can infuriate even the most patient of users.
Every error has a solution, just like every cloud has its silver lining. Sage 50 is more user-friendly than other accounting tools, and fixing error messages is simpler too. In this article, let us take a look at what you can do what you see this error message: “Your Database Engine on Computer Server is Unavailable”.
If at any time you are not able to fix this error message yourself, you can always call up our Remoteaccounting247 Sage technical helpdesk for further assistance.
What causes this error?
This error message may be displayed when you are accessing files related to a company or only when you start the program.
- Usually, this is the result of a damaged ~pvsw~.loc file. It could also be due to the same file pointing towards a wrong server.
- You may also have not shared the folder correctly.
- It is possible for other files in the company data folder to be corrupt, damaged or encrypted.
- You have enabled IPv6 for some reason.
How to fix Sage 50 Database Engine on Computer Server is Unavailable?
There are some simple ways to disable this error. Go step by step to resolve the issue. If you are able to resolve the issue during the first step, there is no need to proceed to the next, and so on and so forth.
- You can simply choose to disable IPv6, to begin with on your workstation.
- If this doesn’t work, make sure that you are able to ping the server from your workstation. If you are not able to, contact your network administrator.
- Another option is to close Sage 50, browse to your company files, and delete ~pvsw~.loc file. If you restart Sage 50, it should work properly.
- If this doesn’t work, make sure you have set the folder sharing permissions correctly.
- If this too doesn’t work, close Sage 50, and locate your company files. Then, select all the files and right click to choose properties. Now select Advanced and uncheck the “Encrypt contents to secure data” box.
- As a last resort, create a new directory for your company data files. Just make sure you have taken a backup before doing so.
As you can see, fixing Sage 50 error messages is not a difficult task. If you have a little patience, you can do it by yourself. In fact, you should never ignore error messages on Sage 50 because it could point to an underlying database or software issue.
It may not even be related to Sage 50, and Sage 50 may help you by alerting you with these innocuous error messages. So, fix the error message in time to keep all your files safe and to keep your business process smooth and efficient.
How can we help?
Remoteaccounting247 provides a variety of technical assistance, and Sage 50 is one of our specialties. We understand that most people are not comfortable fixing error messages even if they have technical knowledge.
On the other hand, very few business users have technical knowledge. Regardless of whether you are comfortable fixing messages are not, we can do it on your behalf over the phone in a jiffy. When you call up our Remoteaccounting247 Sage 50 helpdesk, you can expect the following:
• Your error message will be fixed quickly in a friendly and professional manner
• Our technical helpdesk staff are available round the call and attend to each call with patience and empathy
• We not only provide assistance related to Sage 50 error messages but also related to other software programs.
• Call us now on Sage Support Number +1-800-961-6588 for immediate resolution of all technical issues