Sage 50 Canada Edition is near about the same as the American version, except for the variation in the sales tax and payroll part. Still, Sage 50 is functional software for small businesses that may have a huge inventory; an advantage that makes it stands tall as one of QuickBooks’ major competitors. It’s fairly easy to fairly easy use and does not require any training so small businesses can do their books on their own. Sage has enough thorough tutorials to walk you through the basics.
- Sage 50 offers complete, customized core accounting solution including receivables, payables, well developed Billing features, Invoicing & Inventory, services, employees and payroll, Management and Financial reporting. All these categories are all shown graphically.
- With Sage 50 you can see your inventory, check prices and stock, give discounts to clients and be assured that all of this will be handled in real time. Business owners can keep themselves updated with their finances by processing payments and checking on outstanding receivables while on the go.
- The software also provides the much needed support for tasks such as project management, costing, invoicing, and reporting among others.
Advantages of Sage 50
- Each task within a major area is represented in the form of a labeled icon
- You get to see all major transactions grouped together under tabs on the left-hand navigation panel.
- Sage 50 Accounting works well by integrating with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PDF.
- Get important business insight with easy to build Intelligence reporting with standard report templates easily formatted to whatever file type you need
- Allows to track as many as 20 different departments, handle a group of accounts belonging to multiple expense categories
- Entering AP/AR invoices doesn’t require debits or credits knowledge and Journal entries are simple enough, the general ledger is also very clean
Major Highlights of the Sage 50 Canadian Edition
- Trusted and used by over 500,000 Canadian SMEs and backed by Canada’s largest network of accountants and bookkeepers
- Canadian-made for over 25 years and fully outfitted with built-in Canadian tax regulation
- Uses a solid ‘Enterprise-grade’ back end database. – ODBC is free and included
- Supported for both English and French
- Free SDK is available
Like any other software, Sage 50 Canadian edition also encounters several snags and errors in day to day functioning. Users may face issues while migrating to a new operating system like Windows 10 with this software.
At times you may struggle to convert data from Sage 50 2013 or earlier versions to this newer version. Users often report problems where their workstations have been updated but still cannot connect to data files that are located on the server.
Occasional error messages like database engine has reported an error and can no longer get into Sage 50 database are also not uncommon.
RemoteAccounting247 Canadian Support
In case you face issues with Sage 50 Canadian edition, we have listed several common issues that are prevalent in the software along with its related solution. And if the issue persists, you can call RemoteAccounting247 Canadian support on our toll-free helpline. Our advisors are available round the clock for resolving your issues and they are well adapted and well trained with the right tools to handle some of the toughest queries related to Sage line of software.
In case you have a query related to the software or its usability, you can get it answered on our 24*7 chat support.
Alternatively, write into us in detail about an issue you are facing and the steps you have already taken. One of our executives will get back with the right resolution at the earliest.