QuickBooks is quite versatile and featured enabled software application having features of Bookkeeping, invoicing, monitoring cash flow, organizing expenses, records tax complaints and builds invoices along with many features that cater to needs of different business industry to manage their day to day transaction. However, sometimes many users of QuickBooks are left baffled by the “Registration File Error” despite being a user-friendly software. QuickBooks is an application software that is prone to some errors just like any other software.
How to Fix QuickBooks Registration File Error?
Let us see what should a user do when QuickBooks throws registration fie error while attempting to open a registration file? Let us go through a few options that will help to either avoid the problem or fix it:
1. Turning on and off of User Account Control setting
- One need to press Window icon and E key on keyboard
- Now open the Control Panel and in drop down menu click on View Options.
- Now select Large icon option and click on option User Accounts.
- Now select “ Change User Account Setting” option displayed on screen, move the slider and click on option “ Never notify to turn UAC OFF”. Now click on Ok option that pop-ups on screen.
- Now change set up option “Always notify to turn on UAC ON”, once the process is complete, click on “Ok” and restart the system.
2. How to fix MSXML Setting:
- Download and save MSXML. MSI file on your desktop
- Now press Windows key and R key together on keyboard. you will see Run Window option popping up on the screen
- Now you need to type -“exe/fvaum- %userprofile%\Desktop\msxml.msi” and now click on “OK” option.
- Now the user has to create DAT file and Register the MSXML DLL file.
3. Other option to solve the Registration file error is, One can Reinstall the software using option Clean Install, secondly One can also delete the Entitlement Data Store.ecml file, making sure QuickBooks processes are not running while the file is being removed or deleted.
If problem stills persist, it is wise to approach our QuickBooks Technical support expert to resume work.
Reasons for Registration file error
Registration file error occurs due to damaged file in MSXML components of windows. It can also happen due to problems with User Account Control, antivirus is running while QuickBooks software is being installed or updated or due to corrupt QuickBooks installation files.
QuickBooks Technical Support Services
If user does not find any of above method fruitful to resolve the error, it is indicative of the fact that QuickBooks company file has been severely damaged/corrupted. User might need professional QuickBooks repair software to extract all the vital data and repair it.
If you need any additional details related to QuickBooks products and services or unable to understand the process, please contact our QuickBooks Technical support experts for instant support anytime. Call Now +1-800-961-6588.