An accounting software simplifies the tasks performed in a business and makes it easier to keep track of essential information at any crucial stage. The QuickBooks accounting software is designed to provide users (mostly small scale industries and businesses) with an all-around solution to their financial and accounting operations.
Although, one of the smaller issues that crop up time to time – the errors- can be extremely frustrating, and delaying operations at all levels. While the experts in the QuickBooks customer support team can help resolve the issue instantly, some errors are such that a few tweaks here and there, from the user send, can also do the magic.
Error 31600, for instance, is one such problem and can be resolved easily by placing a call to our QuickBooks tech support team. Alternatively, it can also be solved at the user’s end by following some simple instructions.
What is QuickBooks Error code 31600?
It is an internal error occurring, while a user is trying to remove or set-up access to the employees/accountant. The QuickBooks stops running and all operations are disrupted by the error. The error may occur while creating a back-up or while downloading any latest updates too.
A more safe way to deal with such issues is to call in the QuickBooks technical help number provided with the software. Although some errors can be resolved at the user’s end, the experts at the QuickBooks customer care support can guide you through the process and ensure this does not reoccur in future.
Alternatively, the users can also try the below-mentioned steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code 31600.
- Go to ‘COMPANY MENU’ and click on ‘CONFIGURE USERNAME AND PASSWORD’
- Select ‘SETUP USER’
- Now, click on ‘COMPANY > ENTERPRISE USERS>SETUP USERS AND ROLES
- Now, select ‘ADD USERS’ from the list, and type ‘USERNAME’ and ‘PASSWORD’ of the user to be added.
- Click NEXT, and follow instructions to customize the new user permissions.
- Select FINISH saving the details. Now, using the new credentials entered, try to login to the company file to check if the error code exists.
Another way to resolve QuickBooks Error code 31600 is by creating a new server for windows. To do that,
- Click open ‘SERVICE MANAGER > TOOL’
- Click on ‘COMPUTER MANAGEMENT’ and extend the local users and group.
- Click on the group to be selected, and open the ‘ADMIN PROPERTIES’ window >ADMINISTRATORS GROUP’ >ADD
- From SELECT USERS tab, click on SERVICE ACCOUNT OR GROUP
- Key in the name of the account you want to add to the local administrator’s group and click OK to save.
If the error code still appears despite trying on the above-mentioned steps, call in our QuickBooks technical assistance team to resolve the issue. The tech team has experts in QuickBooks and its related products, they might find the root cause of the problem, and resolve it instantly.
QuickBooks provide technical support to all its users across the globe via +1-800-961-6588.