QuickBooks accounting software is pretty efficient, however, just like any other technical product, you may get some error while using QuickBooks as well. These errors might out a break in your activities as well, hence, it is advised to get rid of the error as soon as possible.
One of the best ways to solve any technical error related to QuickBooks is by contacting the highly skilled QuickBooks technical support team by dialing +1-800-961-6588. The team is available 24 by 7 to offer first-class QuickBooks support.
The main causes of the QuickBooks Error 80070057:
- If the accompany file extension has been altered and QuickBooks finds it difficult to read the company file
- The corrupt or improper installation of the accounting software
- Improper QuickBooks type like.qbxfor, .qbm or maybe .qbb, file extension.
- If a third party firewall is used on the workstation which is not aptly configured for QuickBooks.
- In case the user is trying to access a file without opening the QuickBooks software.
- This error may also occur is the user is working on a company file which is not saved on the workstation but in a flash drive
- Also, if the accounting software finds a corruption in the company file while installation, then also this problem happens
Steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 80070057:
Method One: Validate the extension name of the company file
- Click on the company file, and select properties.
- Click on the QuickBooks tab
- Type in the extension in Filename along with the edition of the QuickBooks accounting software in the dedicated field
- Once typed, click on Okay.
Make changes with the File Extension
- Create a new folder by right clicking on the screen
- Copy the company file in the new folder
- Re-title the folder.
- After renaming the folder, erase the extension and type in .qbm and save
- Now, open the software to get back the Portable.
- Re-title the file extension to .qbb, in case any problem comes up
- Now, just restore the backup after opening the accounting software
Move the file from the present location and paste it into a new folder in the flash drive, from the present location
- Open the QuickBooks accounting software Desktop, open the flash drive
- Click on “File”, and create a new folder in the drive
- Move “Companyfile.QBW” from the present location of the file to the new folder.
- Now, open QuickBooks Desktop along with the new folder
Method 2: Make use of the QuickBooks File Doctor
Get the QuickBooks File Doctor, to help you get rid of this issue. It will be available at the official site of the software. Run it to solve this error.
Listed above are the two key ways to solve this error. Also, we would like to let you know that you just a call away to get connected to our superbly talented QuickBooks technical support team. You can call the support team at any time on +1-800-961-6588.