From May 22nd, 2017, QuickBooks Online never supports the Internet Explorer TLS 1.0 or TLS 1.1 setting. Moving forward, the QuickBooks Online needs an Internet Explorer TLS 1.2 setting as it were so that you don’t face QuickBooks TLS 1.2 error. In case you are trying to access it on Internet Explorer, access to QuickBooks Online might be affected. However, in other browsers such as Firefox and Google Chrome, there will be no effects.
For Microsoft Windows 10 and The Users of Internet Explorer 11:
In case you are a frequent Internet Explorer 11 user, one thing you should know is that Internet Explorer 11 TLS 1.2 is empowered by default, hence, you have to make sure TLS 1.2 has been enabled.
Windows 7/8/8.1 and The Users of Internet Explorer 9/10 only:
The IE 9 and 10 TLS 1.2 isn’t enabled by default, thus, you have to update your IE to the 11 or enable the TLS 1.2 in your program settings.
For XP/Vista or The Users of Internet Explorer only:
Internet Explorer 8 users or XP/Vista users are suggested to update their OS to the recent release in order to get Internet Explorer 11 and use your QuickBooks TLS 1.2 error.
- In case you are facing any issue amid the exporting process of your QuickBooks Desktop data to the QuickBooks online or either not able to log in to your QuickBooks Online, follow the tips mentioned below.
- Move to the QuickBooks Online from your QuickBooks Desktop
In case you are facing any issue in moving to QuickBooks Online from the QuickBooks Desktop, then one should verify the TLS security setting of your Internet Explorer to make the TLS 1.2 is enabled.
The Users of Windows 10:
The Windows 10 comes with inbuilt Internet Explorer 11 programs. So the TLS 1.2 is basically enabled by default. Follow the given steps to affirm whether the QuickBooks TLS 1.2 error is usually enabled or not.
- Initially quit the QB Desktop
- After that, open your Internet Explorer
- Visit the tools section
- Then choose the Internet options.
- Now, click on the ‘Advanced’ button and move to the ‘Security’ function.
- Here, ensure that the TLS 1.2 is enabled. In case it’s not enabled, then check the given box in order to enable it.
- Now click on the Ok button
- Then, close the Internet Explorer after that reopen your QuickBooks Desktop and ensure that your problem is fixed.
Windows XP or Vista clients:
It is difficult to update the previous Internet Explorer 8 version on XP or Vista, so you should update the operating system of your Windows to the later version.
- In case you are accessing or signing-in to the QuickBooks Online
- Your TLS settings are relying upon the working framework (OS). So you need to verify the operating system.
The Users of Windows 10:
If the user is working on Windows 10, it already has IE 11 as well as TLS 1.2 by default.
- You may ensure that the TLS 1.2 is enabled or not enabled by following the mentioned steps.
- Click on the tools button into the Internet Explorer.
- Then select the Internet Options.
- Now visit the ‘Advanced’ menu and click the Security option.
- Then click on the OK button.
- Then close your Internet Explorer and after that, open it again.
If you are still facing QuickBooks TLS 1.2 error, you can get in touch with our QuickBooks tech support team. Our QuickBooks experts are capable to resolve any kind of issues related to QuickBooks. Dial our 24*7 QuickBooks technical helpdesk ✆+1-800-961-6588 to fix your issues.