QuickBooks needs no introduction as a premium accounting software. It’s loaded with advanced features and offers a lot to ease the tasks like inventory management, payroll management, sales management and many more things related to your business. The tools and the features used in QuickBooks made it one of the best choices for industry level solution. QuickBooks customers can go for one of the duos available namely QuickBooks single user mode or QuickBooks multi user mode to accomplish the task of accounting and bookkeeping using the software irrespective of the platform they are using either it’s a Windows or a MAC. In this article, you will find the guide for QuickBooks multi user setup for POS.
The Single user mode allows a customer to access one file at a time while the multi user mode offers the users accessibility from multiple systems. You just have to choose the different modes while logging into the software.
You must have certain hardware requirements to run POS in your desktop including RAM and CPU criteria:
- A minimum 4GB of ram (6-8 GB recommended for smoother performance)
- 1GB of disk storage (Extra space required for files)
- CPU clock frequency 2.0 GHz for the single user while 2.8 GHz for Multi users
- A minimum of 1280×768 or higher screen resolution
- 4x DVD ROM if you are installing offline(Optional)
- Any of Windows operating system, Windows 7 onwards.
File and Folder access & permissions:
- Locate the data file first, on the server by right clicking and properties,
- Click on Sharing select Advanced Sharing then tap on Share this folder
- Add Permissions as QBPSOdbsrvuser and give it Full Control then Apply and OK.
Firewall setup and modification:
It’s quite possible that any security software or antivirus can obstruct pos and make it hard to communicate with the database server. In that case, you have to set new rules for pos in your security software in some cases you must have to modify the rules to run the pos and its proper working.
Modify Firewall in windows: If you’re a user of windows please follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the control panel >Then select system and security
- Click on Windows Firewall and select Advanced settings
- Choose inbound & outbound option
- Setup new rules for Outbound accordingly as per connection
- Create rules for POS
Using Multi user mode:
Using Multi user mode in the file tab, you can switch to it and save your company file work in the preferences.
If you’re still facing the problem setting up POS after following above steps we’re here to help you out of the errors. We have a dedicated team of POS expert professionals capable of resolving any kind of problem regarding Point Of Sale.
We have a dedicated and professional POS support team equipped with all the advanced tools and knowledge it needs to fix issues regarding POS. We are available 24/7. If you’re facing any issue in QuickBooks Multi User POS, get in touch with us @1-800-961-6588.