QuickBooks is an accounting software that is developed by the Intuit Corporation from the small and medium industries. It is one of the most used accounting solutions as it is user-friendly. It is designed using a unique API that enables this application to integrate with many third-party applications. You also have an option of QuickBooks license transfer to a different system.
If you are working on the US edition of QuickBooks Desktop and it is a single user application, then you can easily transfer the license. You just have to transfer your product along with the QuickBooks Company file to the new system. if you are moving the application to the other system, it won’t affect your QuickBooks license.
Important Tips for QuickBooks License Transfer:
Here are some important points that are to be kept in mind.
- To avoid using the wrong file, you should rename the company file of your old system.
- If you are using the Payroll then you should download the latest tax table in your system.
- You should rename the file and not overwrite as it may cause some issues.
Resolutions for QuickBooks License Transfer:
The methods mentioned in this article will help you in transferring your QuickBooks license.
Method I: Create a Backup file and restore it
- Create a backup file on your old system.
- Ensure that you have installed the QuickBooks application on your system.
- Now, you will have copy the backup file in the new system.
- Carry out this process using the external hard-drive.
- Carry out this process through a network, if your system is on the same network.
- You will have to restore the backup file on your new computer.
- Now, uninstall the QuickBooks application from your previous system.
Method II: Move the complete data folder
You have an option to move the entire data folder if you have not created a backup. This procedure won’t affect your data. In case, you have missed carrying some files then you can restore the other files that are not included while moving the QuickBooks Company file
- Check for the location of the data files.
- In case the file is open, you will have to press F2 key from your keyboard and locate the file path.
- In case the file is closed, check the file path in the No Company Open window.
- Open the folder and select the Copy option for the folder.
- In your external drive, paste the selected folder.
- Attach this device to the new system and Copy the selected folder in local drive.
- Launch the QuickBooks application now and open your file now.
With the solutions above, you can easily transfer your QuickBooks application license to a new system. If you have any query or doubts regarding this topic, you can reach out to the Remoteaccounting247 technical expert who is available 24*7 to provide assistance. You can get instantly get connected to them by calling on their toll-free helpline number +1-800-961-6588. For more details regarding them, visit their website page www.remoteaccounting247.com. They have hired exceptionally qualified experts who will help you in resolving issues related to any accounting software. They provide services for various software like QuickBooks Accounting Software, etc.