QuickBooks is a wonderful software but it is also vulnerable to certain technical errors and issues. One such issue that you can come across while working on this application is QuickBooks Error The File Exists.
This error can also be represented as that your file is unable to open. This error often occurs when you are trying to download the payroll update for your QuickBooks. You will receive the following error message if you come across this QuickBooks error:
Error Message: The file that is mentioned cannot be opened. Ensure that this file is not being used currently or it is a read-only file.
The Microsoft Windows error was QuickBooks Error The File Exists.
Causes of QuickBooks Error The File Exists:
Here are some causes that are responsible for this QuickBooks error:
- When the file is read incorrectly.
- While downloading the payroll updates.
- Making payments on the scheduled liabilities.
- Opening the state or federal forms.
Resolutions of QuickBooks Error The File Exists:
Here are some solutions that will resolve your QuickBooks Error The File Exists.
- Press OK till the updates show 100% complete.
- Close your QuickBooks application and open it again.
- Ensure that you have downloaded all the QuickBooks updates.
- End all your QuickBooks applications and reboot your system.
- From your desktop, right-click on your QuickBooks application and select the option Run as the Administrator.
- It is suggested that while updating you should use Ethernet for internet connectivity. Downloading through wireless connection can hamper your updating process.
- Open your User Accounts Control Settings:
- Open Control Panel from your Windows Start menu.
- Browse for the UAC and press the Change User Account Settings option.
- Now, you will have to select from the two different options:
- Turn OFF UAC: Press the Never notify option and click on OK. You may be asked to enter the password and provide the confirmation to carry out this procedure. Reboot your system to apply all the changes that you have made.
- Turn ON the UAC: Click on the Notification option and press OK. You may be asked to enter the password and provide the confirmation to carry out this procedure. Reboot your system to apply all the changes that you have made.
- Now, configure your windows firewall settings as well as the internet security setting. You may have to disable it temporarily as it interferes with your software.
- Run the Reboot.bat file.
- Repair your QuickBooks Desktop application. This way you can resolve the errors that your software has encountered.
- Finally, reinstall the QuickBooks software through clean installation.
The steps above will easily resolve the QuickBooks Error The file exists. If this error still persists even if you have followed both the solutions then it is recommended that you seek assistance from the technical experts like RemoteAccounting247. They are a support providing consultancy that provides its assistance 24*7 across the globe. This means you can connect with them at any point in time. You can call on QuickBooks Technical Support Number +1-800-961-6588. You can also chat with the expert who is online by Live chat Assistance option.