QuickBooks is versatile accounting & bookkeeping software that comprises of a skilled set of features which aids in completing the necessary business accounts activities such as making payments, in accepting invoices for future payments, and recording financial transactions, etc.
When QuickBooks Error Code 9997 appears QuickBooks Online is incapable to connect with the financial institution to bring in the latest transactions. QuickBooks Error Code 9997 is a common scripting error. Normally, the QuickBooks error code 9997 can be fixed by clearing cache & cookies from the browsing history. This error code can also easily troubleshoot by attempting to the manual update of the bank feed by clicking on the Update while logging-in using an In Private or Incognito window in the selected browser.
How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error 9997?
Check out all the possible fixation steps to resolve the QuickBooks Error 9997:
- Use “Incognito” or “In Private” browsing window to log-in the QuickBooks Online.
- Click on the “Banking” icon.
- Select the “Edit Pencil”.
- Click the “Edit sign-in info” icon.
- Re-enter the banking information.
- To refresh the connection, Click on the “Save” & “Update” tab.
- Later, you should request the transactions to be brought in the “Review” tab.
- The very fundamental initial step to fix this issue is to ensure that if the Windows is updated or not! If all the components are not updated, then this arrangement can cause QuickBooks issues.
- Remove the system security software, if any security software installed recently.
- Turn the firewall “OFF”, if it’s “ON”.
- When the fixation process is being performed, ensure that multiple applications are not running.
- In case, the application was working previously with the security make sure if the security is updated.
- Remove all the recently installed programs.
- If the QB error message is associated with the file extension of the QuickBooks Company file, then try to resolve this issue by changing the QB file extension and save as the company file.
- Make sure that the QB Company Files are opening on other systems.
- If the QB File is not updated, then Re-install the QuickBooks software.
- Save the “QuickBooks for Macintosh” in Mac-system & not the Windows-based system or vice versa.
- Before opening the QB Company file, employ an appropriate antivirus update.
- Go to the QuickBooks application.
- Select and open the QB file.
- Later, hit on the “Open or Restore Company” tab.
- Choose the “Restore a backup copy” icon and then hit on the “Next” button.
- Select the “Local Backup” icon & then hit onto the “Next” button.
- In the drop-down menu, choose the location of Company file backup.
- Choose the backup file in the .qbb extension.
- Hit onto the “Open” icon followed by the “Next” button.
- In the drop-down menu, go to the “Save-in” option & browse the preferred location to restore the Backup QB file.
- In the “File-name” field, type the new Company Filename & check that Save as filed should automatically save the restored file in .qbw format.
- Click the “Yes” icon.
- To confirm the overwrite process, Type the “YES” and hit the “Enter” button.
- Use the current Transaction Log file to recreate the lost transactions & the copy of the QuickBooks Company File.
- With the help of the QuickBooks Company file & Transaction Log File, Recreate the complete data except for the last few hours of transactions.
Hopefully, the above-prescribed solutions are enough to prevail in immense knowledge about the QuickBooks Error Code 9997. However, if you still have some query or looking for a technical problem for your QuickBooks – you can take help from QuickBooks Error Support team at our their toll-free helpline number. i.e. 1800-961-6588