QuickBooks is one of the most used accounting solutions but there are occasions when this exceptional software to crashes and you receive an error message. When you are trying to open the QuickBooks Company file, you can encounter this QuickBooks Error Code 6190 77.
Solution for QuickBooks Error Code 6190 77:
The experts have suggested some solutions to resolve this QuickBooks Error Code 6190 77:
Solution I: Check for the location of QuickBooks Company file
It is recommended that the file should be saved locally on a system and not the network server.
- Select your QuickBooks Company file and copy the same to your system’s local drive or the QuickBooks file web which is available on the network.
- Now, open your QuickBooks application along with the Company file.
Solution II: QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Browse for the QuickBooks File Doctor online.
- Download this tool locally in your system.
- Run this tool on your system, it will automatically resolve your QuickBooks issues.
Solution III: Re-create the damaged folders
- Go to your My Computer/ This PC.
- Double-click on the C:\ drive to open it.
- Create a new folder inside this drive.
- Now, open the folder that has the QuickBooks Company file stored in it.
- The file will have the .qbw extension at the end.
- Select the file and copy it by the right-clicking on the file.
- In the new folder, paste the file.
- Provide the access permission to the newly created folder.
- Now, start the QuickBooks from the new location
Solution IV: Use of the Universal Naming Convention data path than a mapped drive
- Select the QuickBooks icon from the desktop and right-click on the icon.
- Press the Ctrl key and click at the same time.
- Click on the option Run as Administrator and press the Ctrl key till the No Company Open Window file opens on your system.
- Go to the File Menu folder and click on those Company files you want to restore.
- Click on the Open a Company File option and click on Next
- Click on the Network option from the left section of your window and browse for your Company file.
- Open your company files now.
Solution V: Renaming the.TLG and.ND files
- Check the folder that contains the QuickBooks Company file.
- Browse for the data file that has the similar file name as the company files but the file extension will be either.ND or.TLG.
- For Example, qbw.nd or qbw.tlg
- Rename the file with extension .nd and .tlg by selecting them and right-clicking on those files. Add an extra word to those files, i.e. “old” at the end of the file name.
With the solution recommended in the solution above, you can successfully resolve this QuickBooks Error Code 6190, 77. In Case, you have some queries regarding the steps or you need some assistance, then it is suggested that you reach out to consultancies that provide QuickBooks tech support. One such highly recommended consultancy is RemoteAccounting247. You can reach out to them by giving a call on their toll-free customer support number +1-800-961-6588. You can connect with them at any point in time as they provide round the clock services across the globe.