QuickBooks is one of the most used accounting software that is designed by the Intuit Group. It was basically created for the small and medium industries so that they can focus more on building strategies. This software will not only help you with your businesses accounting and financial needs but also provide you with reports. While working with the software, you can come across some technical issues like QuickBooks Error 404.
QuickBooks Error 404 generally occurs due to various reasons like hardware issues or infected software problems. As your application is infected, it will start affecting your other software as well. When you come across this issue, your system may slow down or freeze temporarily. It can also be categorized as a runtime technical error as it occurs while you are working on your QuickBooks accounting software.
Causes of QuickBooks Error 404
There are many causes that are responsible for your QuickBooks error Code 404:
- If you are not logged in to the system as the Administrator.
- A web page cannot be accessed as it is cannot be found on the server.
- The page is removed or the URL is not changed.
- Installation of the QuickBooks is incomplete or damaged.
- System’s registry is corrupt due to installation or the un-installation of the software like QuickBooks.
- The system is infected with virus and malware and it is damaging other files like Windows system files, QuickBooks files, etc.
- Any third-party application interrupting your QuickBooks application.
Resolutions of QuickBooks Error 404
The steps below will help you in resolving the QuickBooks Error Code 404.
- When you are unable to open any website on your Internet Explorer then you just have to connect to your internet.
- Open your Internet Explorer browser and look for an update.
- Check that the Internet Explorer is set as your system Default Browser.
- Now, configure your Internet Explorer settings.
- Check your internet connection.
- Open QuickBooks on your system and log in to your system as an Administrator.
- Press the Help option from the menu bar.
- Go to the Internet Connection Setup.
- Ensure that you have selected the QuickBooks default option Use my PC’s internet connection setting to form a connection when it accesses the internet.
- Press Next and then click on Done.
- Reboot your system and then open your QuickBooks again.
The instructions suggested in this article will help you in resolving your QuickBooks Error 404. In case, this error still persists and you are unable to resolve it with the steps then you should seek help from technical experts like Remoteaccounting247 for assistance. You can also visit their website www.remoteaccounting247.com. On the homepage of the website, you can find the Live Chat option, this way you can get connected to the QuickBooks tech support number expert who is available online or you can call on their helpdesk toll-free number +1-800-961-6588. You can connect with them at any point in time as they provide 24*7 services worldwide. They have highly qualified and skilled experts who will resolve all your issues regarding your accounting software in the minimal wait of time.