QuickBooks is a fully featured software that has changed the way of accounting & bookkeeping. Over the years, QuickBooks has gained so much popularity that these days the majority of the small and medium businesses are using it. But after all, it is just a software and like every good software QuickBooks also prone to some technical errors. In this technical post, we are going to focus on QuickBooks Error 15xxx (15000) series which is a series of most common error codes that have been reported by many QB users. These error code generally occurs when downloading QuickBooks Desktop or payroll updates.
QuickBooks 15000 Series Error Codes:
You may see one of the following error that encounters when downloading a payroll update or updating QuickBooks:
|15xxx Series Error||15xxx Series Error||15xxx Series Error||15xxx Series Error||15xxx Series Error|
|Payroll Error Code 15101||Error 15223||Error 15314||Payroll Error 15404||Error 15102|
|Error 15103||Error 15224||Payroll Error 15317||Error 15250||Error 15408|
|Error 15316||Payroll Error 15225||Error 15106||Error 15203||Payroll Error 15319|
|Payroll Error 15406||Error 15407||Error 15410||Payroll Error 15204||Error 15276|
|Error 15201||Error 15318||Payroll Error 15241||Error 15320||Error 15205|
|Error 15226||Payroll Error 15409||Error 15321||Error 15322||Payroll Error 15411|
|Payroll Error 15206||Error 15312||Error 15402||Payroll Error 15300||Error 15412|
|Error 15221||Error 15217||Payroll Error 15413||Error 15325||Error 15403|
|Error 15303||Payroll Error 15212||Error 15208||Error 15304||Payroll Error 15327|
|Payroll Error 15211||Error 15209||Error 15302||Payroll Error 15326||Error 15417|
|Error 15213||Error 15207||Payroll Error 15324||Error 15416||Error 15306|
|Error 15214||Payroll Error 15301||Error 15414||Error 15305||Payroll Error 15328|
|Payroll Error 15215||Error 15323||Error 15415||Payroll Error 15419||Error 15401|
|Error 15311||Error 15307||Payroll Error 15329||Error 15418||Error 15308|
|Error 15218||Payroll Error 15332||Error 15310||Error 15313||Payroll Error 15219|
|Payroll Error 15330||Error 15420||Error 1539||Payroll Error 15331||Error 15222|
You have an active QuickBooks Payroll subscription and is easily able to get connected to the internet and get access to all secured websites.
What Causes QuickBooks 15xxx (15000) Series Errors?
- Incorrect configuration of Microsoft Internet Explorer
- QuickBooks is unable to verify the digital signature of a file.
- Internet connectivity issue.
- QuickBooks files are damaged due to incomplete installation.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 15000 (15xxx) Series?
You can follow these troubleshooting methods in order to solve QuickBooks Error 15000 (15xxx) series. Also, you can take assistance from QuickBooks error support team if you are not good in technical aspects.
Important: Before proceeding, remember that you have to install the latest version of IE. ( You can download it from Microsoft download center). If you already have the latest IE version and still receiving the error then consult with your IT professional or go with Microsoft support.
Solution 1: Install a digital signature certificate.
- Conduct a Windows Search for QBW32.exe which is located in C:\ Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks. And to find the QBW32.exe in Windows.
- Click on the link for More Results in the Windows Search tab, if the QBW32.exe does not appear during the initial search.
- After this click on Computer icon on the Next Screen. (Windows will run a search on your computer.)
- Then form search results, find QBW32.exe which has a type of application.
- Hit a click on QBW32.exe and then select Properties option.
- Now hit a click on the Digital Signature tab and ensure that Intuit Inc. is selected in the signature list.
- Click on Details.
- Click on View certificate in the Digital Signature Details window.
- Now in the Certificate window click on Install Certificate.
- After this click on Next, until the Finish tab is shown on the screen.
- Then click on Finish.
- Restart your computer system.
- Once the restart complete open your QuickBooks desktop.
- Finally, download the update once more time.
Solution 2: Check the Internet Connection and QuickBooks settings.
- To ensure that QuickBooks files have both incoming as well as outgoing internet access, configure your firewall or anti-virus.
- The Firewall that is not associated with QuickBooks can cause the 15xxx series error when you try to download the update.
Solution 3: Configure your firewall and anti-virus defender
You need to set-up your firewall program and anti-virus defender to check that your QuickBooks files are saved and secure.
- If the firewall is not configured and this can cause QuickBooks files to be corrupted when attempting to download updates or reinstalling any version into your system.
Solution 4: Download the Updates in Safe Mode
In case, the error still persists after following the above steps then try to download the updates in safe mode.
- Open your system in safe mode.
- Download the updates again.
- If it gets successful then restart your system in normal mode.
- Finally, try to re-download the update.
Solution 5: Perform a Clean Install
- Firstly, Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Download and run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Now Manually Rename the QuickBooks Desktop installation folders.
- Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop
Solution 6: Edit the Internet Explorer Settings
- First of all, Open your Internet Explorer (IE) browser
- Now click the gear icon > select Internet Options.
- Click Security tab > select Trusted sites.
- Click Site > add the following websites.
For US version of QuickBooks:
For the Canadian version of QuickBooks:
- Click Close
- Click Apply
- Finally, click on OK
If by these methods, the error is not fixed then seek help from professionals or call the QuickBooks payroll Support Service providers. Dial 1800-961-6588 and ask your query directly to our support executives.