A highly popular program, QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool is used to troubleshoot technical glitches that one can experience while opening a company file in QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
The tool has the capability to function only with QuickBooks 8.0 or the other latest editions. Basically, it is devised to help the QuickBooks user overcome, and get rid of errors like 6000 series, H202, and H505.
In order to make use of the QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool, you would have to directly download it from the company’s main page. You may choose to download the QB Diagnostic tool to solve error messages that you get when you try to install QB Desktop. This program is generally named as QBNetDiagTool.exe or QBServerUtilityMgr.exe. After installing on the workstation where you have your company file that is giving an error, you can utilize the features of the tool to repair some of the common connection issues.
The Tool works only with the workstations which have Windows 7, Vista, or Windows XP.
The error basically occurs while opening company file (.qbw and .tlg) and that too in the multi-user mode.
Here are some steps to resolve the issue or to use QuickBooks Connection diagnostic tool effectively:
- The first steps includes downloading and successfully installing the connection diagnostic Tools.
- Once the tool is installed nicely, Double-click on the icon of the diagnostic tool to run the tool.
- After that, follow the general instructions and some troubleshooting steps on the tool.
- Check the firewall settings
- The region which contains Firewall Status shows the basic instruction about the firewall.
- Diagnose the Connection tab
The connection tab enables the user to analyze and test the workstation setup to make sure that the company file can be accessed from a workstation, irrespective of the fact that it is configured as a multi or a single-user. If the settings are not set properly, or in case the firewalls or ports are barred, slips can result.
Checking the Connectivity
There is an option named as Test Connectivity. This portion enables you to review the computer’s connectivity.
If you find an error after running the connectivity test in that case:
- The status will be Red (problem detected).
- Click on the Test Connectivity button.
- Select the ‘What do these mean’ options to know more about the problem areas.
- Fix the appropriate statutes, and run the program again to see if there are more issues.
- Now, message of the successful operations will appear.
Listed above are some very easy steps to use the connectivity diagnostic tool. However, if you get stuck anywhere while using the tool, just call our QuickBooks technical support team by dialing +1-800-961-6588.
We are always on our toes to enhance your experience of using QuickBooks. Also, even if you just want to expand your knowledge about QuickBooks, you can contact our QuickBooks team!