As a business leader, it’s crucial to have robust accounting and payroll solution in place to keep up with the stride of technological innovation. Luckily, we have QuickBooks that empowers many small and medium size organizations to manage their financial aspects with an absolute breeze. In times when seamless functionality is increasingly important for business’s bottom-line performance, having access to QuickBooks customer support is an essential part of service that shouldn’t be undervalued. A reliable QuickBooks support team helps resolve unwarranted issues with the product.
In this article, you will learn how to fix QuickBooks Error 1406:
QuickBooks Error 1406 originates owing to third party intervention of software (Microsoft .NET, C++, and MSXML). Typically, end-users encounter 1406 error when trying to update or configure QuickBooks. This run-time error can pop up owing to multiple reasons, such as:
- If any malicious program has invaded into your PC, it obstructs the entry of establishment forms
- If the firewall setting is not appropriate, it obstructs the entry of establishment forms
- If your Windows operating system installer segment has the issue
- If the registry key is damaged and denies access to the installer application
Now let’s proceed to the solution section:
- Deactivate recently configured Anti-virus program or security application
- Deactivate if you have recently configured any Anti-virus or security update on your computer
- Deactivate the security software for temporary basis. You have two options to deactivate anti-virus including firewall:
- Do-it yourself
- Choose Selective Startup to perform installation process
Method II: QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool Installation
- You need to first download the .exe file of QuickBooks Diagnostic Tool online
- After the download is completed, you need to save the .exe file at your desired location on your PC and run the Diagnostics tool
- Once the process gets over, run the .exe file and reboot your system
This process may take around 20 minutes to finish.
Method III: Repair the Broken Registry
In order to repair your corrupt registry entries, you need to first ascertain that your system Administrator, as well as SYSTEM groups, have comprehensive control access
After ensuring the same, you need to determine whether the administrator of the particular key, as well as subkeys, are linked to Administrator group.
Method IV: Windows Updates for Software
You need to check Windows Updates for MSXML, .NET Framework, as well as C++
In case, you find that your OS is outdated – update it because QuickBooks may work abruptly or show errors due to outdated OS.
After updating your OS, you need to simply reboot your computer
The aforementioned methods will help you to do the desired job (fixing error 1406). Not to mention, you should always commence the error fixing process if you are sure about it and at least have some technical expertise.
In case you are unable to fix the vexing QuickBooks error 1406, don’t panic! You can simply contact our trustworthy QuickBooks technical support benefactor and get the solutions for your problem.
Leverage QuickBooks squad’s breadth of knowledge and expertise
Our QuickBooks technical support professionals are honed with real-world experience and are always on their feet to deliver quick resolution for technical worries related to QuickBooks. Our technical support team is always ready to serve you with the most apposite solution for all sort of technical issues. Users can approach our QuickBooks customer care service team through the QB toll free number +1-800-961-6588.