Your printer might encounter with problems suddenly while printing file from QuickBooks with an error code 20 messages on your window screen. In QuickBooks at times, nothing prints with an error text “Printer not activated error code 20”. This might occur due to various reasons such as you might be trying to print file from QuickBooks software 2009 on your windows 10. This error also encounters when you are using QuickBooks 2009 outdated version that is not compatible to print from windows 10.
In such a situation, you can perform the below-mentioned solution to fix the error code 20. However, if the error continues, directly contact the IT experts at +1 (800) 961-6588. They are competent enough to provide proper solution and instruction as required.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 20
- QuickBooks 2009 compatibility problems with windows 10
- Outdated QuickBooks 2009 installed
- Program key not updated
- Not supported printer drivers
- QuickBooks Registry problem
Fix QuickBooks problem “Printer not activated error code 20“
1. Registry Restore and Backup Point
- Backup your Windows Registry first
- Start the registry editor to add changes
- Open the file menu, export the registry and then click save
- Make a restore point to cancel the changes done in the Registry
- Wait till computer restore point process ends and then click OK one it is completed.
2. Configure User Permissions
- Press Window and enter regedit in the search box
- Right-Click on the regedit option and choose Run as Administrator
- Double-click on the folder in left Panel
- Right-click on the QuickBooks folder in the location and choose Permission option
- Assign “Full Control” on the fresh window pops up if it is not enabled and then click OK.
3. Configure Print Spooler Service
- Press and hold the Windows + R button simultaneously and enter msc in the Run field that displays.
- From the services list, Right-Click on the Print Spooler Service and choose “Properties”.
- Shut down the Print Spooler Service
- From Startup dropdown, choose Automatic
- Click re-starts the service
- Now, Save a PDF or try printing something. And whether this resolved this error
4. Restore QuickBooks PDF component
- Open the Windows Control Panel and click to Programs and then Features
- Choose QuickBooks from the program list
- Click to Change tab and begin the repair procedure and then perform the guidelines
- Restart the system after the QuickBooks Repair completes
- Try to Save a PDF or print something, this must fix QuickBooks Error Code 20
5. Fixing the Microsoft Document Writer
- Right-click on QuickBooks software icon on the desktop and from the menu, choose Open File Location option.
- Select the Temp folder and search for the folder that identifies the QuickBooks version
- Open the 3rd party Folder
- Then, Locate and double-click in the exe file and allow the installation to finish
- Start QuickBooks once again to register the license
- Once the installation process is done, try to print again to check QuickBooks Error Code 20
Still struggling to fix the error?
Hopefully, the troubleshooting steps proved helpful to fix error code 20 ‘QuickBooks Printer not activated’. However, you can also get experts advice and solution, if the error still prevails. To connect with the QuickBooks experts, directly make a call at RemoteAccounting247 toll-free number +1 (800) 961-6588. The experience professional is actively available for round the clock to provide an accurate solution to fix error in the limited time. Do chat via QuickBooks Live Chat at any time to avail instant response from experts.