Sage is accounting software developed with versatile features widely used across the globe by small and medium enterprises to ease and simplify the accounting and financial process. The Annual 1099 forms are required for independent contractors and vendors to submit information returns to be sent to IRS (Internal Revenue Service). The Form 1096 is the submission of the cover sheet for 1099’s. Sage 50 accounting support users need to print form 1096 after successfully printing form 1099. Before print 1099 and 1096 Forms in Sage 100, Sage users need to make sure to create a backup copy of important financial data of the company.
How to Print 1099 and 1096 Forms in Sage 100?
In order to print 1099 and 1096 Forms in Sage 100, users need to go through following procedural steps :
- First of all, the user needs to open “Accounts Payable” option, then go to option “Reports” and then click on option “Form 1099 e-Filing and Reporting”.
- In the “Form 1099 e-Filing and Reporting” window user need to select option “New” in Form to Use field.
- In the option “Form Type” field users need to select following types of forms to be used :
- Now the user needs to select the option “Vendor Type”.
- The user needs to select the “1099 Calendar Year”.
- Now the user needs to mention “Minimum YTD Payment” for the vendor. This amount has to be greater or equal to the amount that has been entered.
- Now the user will check the correctness of the Company information (Company name, Address, City, State, ZIP code, Federal ID no, Phone number and Fax number)
- Once the user finds the company information is correct, click on the option “Accept”.
- Once the “1099 Wizard” appears, click on “Next” button.
- On the checklist page, the user needs to select the “Print Checklist” tab to print a list of steps to be used to verify information on the form 1099. Now click on option “Finish” to continue.
- Now in the “W2/1099 Preparer” window, the user needs to follow the steps appearing on screen to complete the form. One can take help of “W2 /1099 Preparer Help system” if required.
- Once the user has finished reviewing all the information in the 1099 recipient grid and checked for any error, one can start with the processing of 1099 forms.
- The processing and printing screen shows how the user needs to process 1099 forms (e-file, print or both combined). Two main option in processing screen is
Complete e-File process (One can go through Sage 100 e-Filing guide)
Other Option :
- The user need to check “Print my Recipient 1099 Copies”
- Now select the appropriate forms like “Print Federal 1099 and 1096” and “Print state 1099 and Reconciliation Forms”.
- E-File checkboxes will be of two type :
When e-File box is checked: Record copies of 1096 and 1099 forms will be printed and then it will be e-Filed
When e-File box is unchecked: 1096 and 1099 copy will print “official copy”, here 1099 copy will require 2 parts pre-printed red ink form and 1096 will require the single pre-printed red-ink form.
- Based on users selection option in the “print options dialog”, the “FormsViewer” will display the forms. The Federal 1099 forms will be displayed first in FormsViewer for printing. Once the user clicks on “Next step” the Federal Form 1096 will be displayed for printing.
In case the user needs assistance in understanding steps involved in print 1099 and 1096 Forms in Sage 100, one can take advantage of these by getting in touch with sage 50 technical support phone number +1-800-961-6588.
Sage Technical Support Helpline