QuickBooks Error 6138-105 is one of the prevalent errors reported by end-users. This error typically crops-up when a user tries to open the data file. To put it simply, when an end-user tries to open a data file or QuickBooks Desktop Payroll data file in the preceding QuickBooks edition that has been upgraded to the latest version. If you have fallen prey to QuickBooks error 6138-105, this article can help you overcome the same within a jiffy.
In this article, a few simple steps are highlighted to fix the annoying QuickBooks error 6138-105:
Before proceeding towards the steps to fix the issue, let’s first understand the most probable reasons behind QuickBooks error 6138-105:
- One of the reasons that can cause this error to happen is – Network contingencies
- The second reason could be due to troubleshooting
- Invasion of malevolent applications into your system
It is always advisable to have robust antivirus software installed on your system in order to keep your sensitive and critical data away from illicit attempts. If you don’t have any anti-virus program on your PC, get it configured right away to scan and delete the unwanted programs from your system. Keeping your system away from virus attacks is as simple as pie. Just follow the following steps:
- First of all, you need to open your QuickBooks
- Secondly, you need to opt for preferences and click on it
- Thereafter, for company file, you need to Change the directory
- Now, click on browse and opt for the company file.
The aforementioned steps will allow you to change the path for the company file.
To fix 6138-105 QuickBooks error, you need to follow the below-elucidated steps:
- Prior to doing anything, it is always best to ensure whether or not you are accessing the company file in the upgraded QuickBooks edition.
- Now, you are required to select File.
- Opt for Restore Company.
- Open the company file.
- Finally, you need to browse for the file and open the same.
- If the company file is utilized on the server computer, you need to reboot your PC once and thereafter access the requisite data file
- In case the data file is utilized over the network through the server, you need to re-scan the database server manager
To re-scan the server manager, follow the elucidated procedure:
You need to opt for the PC from where you have hosted the file.
Moving ahead, you need to click on Start and from there go to the Programs. Thereafter, you need to opt for QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Once selected the server manager, you need to go to add the folder that encompasses company file and press start scan. The process will initiate after you click on start scan. A message will pop-up confirming that the data file found. You can click on the same and try once again to open the file.
If you are still receiving this irking issue, it is recommended to configure QuickBooks file doctor. Run this file doctor and scan for issues with the network. If there is no problem found in the network scan, proceed to scan the company file. Company file issue can be quickly resolved by taking help of QuickBooks file doctor.
Unable to get the problem resolved? Don’t panic! You can fix it with a breeze by simply connecting with our QuickBooks technical support professionals. Our team of technocrats is amongst the finest technology experts – encompassing technical wisdom and operational rigor. With the right knowledge and gravitas, our experts ensure seamless QuickBooks functioning.