Sage accounting has become highly popular software for small and mid-size business due to its outstanding features. However, along with its excellent features, sometimes, the user encounters some serious errors and issues while starting on Sage software on the computer. One common error in Sage is ‘Sage 50 software cannot be started’.
Usually, this error encounters while executing backup for the company file. Such issues can create hurdles in the work environment while managing the business if it is not immediately fixed. This could because due to various reasons such as a computer could be infected with malware or malicious programs.
Causes of failure to launch Sage software on the computer
- There are incompatible processes running on the computer
- Pervasive is not started
- Installed the Wrong version of Pervasive
- Pervasive folder not in the right location
- Microsoft .NET Framework is damaged
- Sage 50 release update is unfinished
- The program has been uninstalled/removed
- Program files are installed to the incorrect location on a 64-bit system
- The program moved to a new system using a file transfer program
- Files on this system are locked after the program was abnormally closed
- Corrupted user outline in Citrix environment
Resolution to error ‘Not able to launch the sage on the computer’
Method I: Compatibility Issues
- Right-click on the Sage software icon, and Click on the Properties
- Click on the Compatibility tab> eradicate the check mark > Run this software in a compatibility mode
- If not checked, mark to the ‘Run this program as an administrator’
Note: Checkmark requires to be removed if UAC is enabled
- Press OK
- Check whether Sage software still has an error.
Method II: Reinstall using Run as Administrator
- Access the installer located usually at C drive.
- Right click on the Maint.exe and select Run as Administrator
- Choose Repair when driven
- Let the installation to completely finish
Method III: Restart the system if the.SAI file is locally shared or saved.
- If you feel that the error encounters due to a network connection error, then copy the system files and back up the file locally.
- Examine the file size if the process is slow. At times, the error can be in the server/network.
- Verify that all users have been logged out, and then start rebooting the Server. You can try turning down the computer completely if the error arises due to network connection issues
Method IV: Run the Sage Advisor Diagnostic Test
Note: Perform these assessments on the system that gets the error. If all computers in the network have a problem, perform these tests on the server.
- Click Start > Click to All Programs, start Sage 50 Accounting > and then, Sage Advisor Diagnostic Tool
- Click Agree
- Choose the tests given below, and then choose Run Selected Tests
- When the tests process is done, evaluate your results
Support service from Sage experts
The above solution will successfully fix your error ‘Not able to launch the sage on the computer’. However, you can always seek support service from Sage experts, if the error still occurs or need additional information. They are highly professional and expertise in all Sage error issue and problems.
Get in touch with the Sage experts by immediately calling at Remoteaccounting247 helpline number +1-800-961-6588. Our team also offers suitable troubleshooting solution for all Sage related issues for 24×7. You can receive guidance and instruction by directly chatting via Live Chat Support.