Sage is accounting software used by almost all the small and mid businesses. Basically, it’s very common for any business to set-up a new GL account in sage 100 support number. Separating this allows you to do financial coverage by that locality or department which provides you a better view into the financial growth of your business. Take a quick look into how to auto-generate those accounts. Verify that the only selection of this account numbers you desire is for the segment. Following are the elements you inherit along with the account you created.
- Account Group
- Account sort
- Clear Balance setting
- Allocate Rollup Codes
Resolution OF How To Make a New GL Account in Sage 100
Solution I: To create new GL account in sage 100
- Choose “General Ledger Utilities” menu and then “Generate Accounts”.
- Within the Generate Accounts window, choose an operand at the Operand tab. In the Value tab, type the values you desire to copy account details. Verify Generate Accounts > Fields, for more details
- Press Proceed
Solution II: Generate the main account in Main Account Maintenance:
- Go to General Ledger > Setup > Main Account Maintenance
- Maintain the main account number
- Write a short description in the description tab
- The defaulting values of the account group are based on the main account that is entered which can also be changed. In case, the account group maintained has an account group of ‘Non-Financial’, or the ‘Clear Balances’ checkbox is visible. Choose checkbox to clean balances for the accounts depending on the main account.
- The defaulting values of the account details and cash flow category depending on the account category which can be changed.
- The evasion value of the position is Active, but it can be changed
- Type the starting and ending date to describe when postings to accounts can take place
- If roll-up categories are categories, choose the suitable code for each roll-up type
- Press Accept
Solution III: Generate a sub-account in Sub Account Maintenance:
- Go to General Ledger > Setup > Sub Account Maintenance > Choose the suitable section from the drop-down menu
- Fill-up the sub-account number
- Write a description and also a short description
- Validate the status
- Choose the Print Financials Report from checkbox to print financial reports depending on a definite sub-value
Solution IV: Generate a FULL account number right after the main and a sub-account is added:
- Start General Ledger > Main > and then Account Maintenance
- In the Account No.tab, write the FULL account number amalgamation of current main and subaccounts to generate a new account number for a new GL account in sage 100.
- If generating a Non-Financial account, select the Clear Balances check box to clear balances for this account during year-end processing
- In Account Maintenance within the Main tab, type the details in the suitable field
- Press Accept
For further support from RemoteAccounting47 regarding Sage product:
We hereby hope that by now you are cleared about adding a new GL account in sage 100, however, in case you are still struggling with the certain issue and not able to sort it out manually, even after following the above methods then, you can directly connect with our sage 50 technical support team. They would assist you at best to fix any issue regarding Sage 100 and its troubleshooting issues.
They are proficient enough to handle any issues regarding any Sage issues or queries since they are skilled and experienced technical member. You can connect with our technical team by directly calling at our helpline number ✆+1-800-961-6588 which is at service 24×7 or by simply sending a mail at our official mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org, you can also connect via Live Chat Support