When you are working on the Sage Job Costing software, there are certain situations where you will have to move the data that is saved on your server. After moving the data, you will have to change the settings for your client systems. You will move the data on a new server while you are trying to set up Sage Job Costing. This process leads to the creation of JOBCOSTING.USR file. This file contains all the details regarding Sage Job Costing company database file. For each client PC, the registry will contain the path to the JOBCOSTING.USR file. After setting up Sage Job Costing on the new server, you will have to modify registry settings for each client PC.
Steps to move Sage Job Costing
Here are the steps that are required to move the Sage Job Costing to a new server. First of all you will have to prepare the data for transfer. Then, you just have to transfer the data.
- Sage Job Costing should be installed in your computer as a standalone software.
- From the new server, open the Sage Job Costing application and create a Blank Company.
- From its Login Window, press OK.
- Go to the File menu and click on Restore option. It will restore your data from the backup that you have previously created.
- After you have opened the Sage Job Costing Login Window, fill in the details and press OK.
- A dialog box will appear with a message regarding accounts data, press OK.
- Go to Settings menu and click on Company Preferences.
- From the Integration tab, check for Company and Path values in Accounts data field. Check for the Company and Database path information in the Payroll data field when you are integrating Sage Job Costing with Sage 50 Payroll.
- Go back to the homepage of the Sage Job Costing.
- Press OK, if you have applied any changes in the Integration Settings or else press Cancel.
- From the Location section, right-click on the Reports folder and click on Copy option.
- Browse for the Sage Job Costing folder on the new server.
- Press Alt key from keyboard.
- Go to the Edit menu and click on Paste option.
- You may receive a prompt message asking permission to continue and overwrite the standard reports. You will have to follow the on-screen notifications to easily replace the older files.
Note: After carrying out the above steps, you can easily connect to your client computer systems.
By following the steps above you can easily transfer your Sage Job Costing application on the new server. In case, you have some doubt or queries regarding the procedure then you can contact Sage technical support team of “RemoteAccounting247” for assistance. You just have to give a call on Sage toll-free number +1-800-961-6588. They provide round the clock services across the globe. You also have an alternate option to reach out to them i.e. you can request for Sage Live Chat Support by visiting their official site.