Sage Error Connecting to Database, Sage 50 Error Connecting to Database, Fix Sage 50 Error Connecting to Database, Sage 50 Can’t Connect To Database
Sage 50 is a book-keeping solution especially designed for small and medium industries. It was formerly known as Peachtree Accounting. It is an easy to use desktop solutions which has cloud access i.e. you can access your Sage 50 software from anywhere and anytime. While working on Sage 50, there are certain chances that you encounter some technical or function errors. If they are not resolved soon, then they can cause a heavy damage to your business. One such common technical error is Sage 50 Error “Connecting to Database”
Error: Sage Error Connecting to Database
Technical errors can often be categorized as run-time errors, logistic errors or synchronized errors. Sage Error Connecting to Database is a run-time error. While you are working on it, you are unable to open any file and you will receive the following error message:
Error: “Cannot open company, there is an Sage error connecting to database”
When you are trying to open any data file, you may encounter this error. The various reasons which are responsible for this error are problems which occur in server computer or ODBC issues, etc.
Here are some solutions which are recommended by sage experts to resolve this Sage 50 Error:
Solution I: The data files resides in C:\Program Files\ (or C:\Program Files (x86)\)
- Change the location of .SAJ folder and .SAI file outside of C:\Program Files\ (or C:\Program Files (x86)\).
- Select the SAJ folder and right click on it.
- Select “Properties” option.
- You will have to un-tick the “Hidden” and “Read-only” checkboxes.
- Go to “Security Tab”.
- Make sure that all Groups or Username which are working on this server or workstation are listed and have Full Control access rights.
- Click on OK option.
- Click on SAJ folder and open it.
- Now you will have to delete the file process .pid
Solution II: Check ODBC Issue
- Check that you have installed ODBC on your system.
- To verify that you will have to look for it in Programs and Features or Add Remove Programs.
- If your system is missing that, then Install ODBC by browsing to C drive (C:\Sage\Sage 50 Accounting <version>\BIN\MySQLODBC\)
- You will have to run mysql-connector-odbc-commercial-<version>.exe file in your system.
Here are some solutions by which you can easily resolve Sage 50 Error. If you still some assistance, then you can contact RemoteAccounting247. It is a third party Sage consultancy who have hired Sage certified professionals who have years of experience in handling such technical and functional issues. To contact them you just have to call on their Sage 50 support number +1-800-961-6588. You can also visit their website and request for online chat support.