Sage 50 one of the largest business management accounting software that exclusively designed for the medium and small industries. It is built on a user-friendly interface. It is designed keeping in mind the requirements of small scale industries. It has several build-in features that will make your business run smooth. It also comes with several add-on tools. Though, it is an exceptional software, there are occasions when your work is hampered by certain technical or functional errors. One such technical error that you may come across is the Sage 50 Address Generic Com Error. You will receive the following error message when you are using the Microsoft Outlook application for sending the emails from Sage 50 Payroll or Sage Accounts.
Unable to send all emails.
ExtendedErrorCode.COMError: “Generic COM Error”
Failed to output to email.
Here are some reasons due to which you can come across Sage 50 Generic Com Error:
- Multiple versions of Microsoft Outlook are installed in the computer.
- Outlook is not running as an administration.
- Issues with User Account Control.
- Damaged email writer.
- Email setting is incorrect.
You can follow the steps mentioned below to resolve Sage 50 Generic Com Error.
- Check whether your Sage 50 application is compatible with the version of Microsoft Outlook which is installed in your system.
- Check for the latest updates for the same version of Microsoft Outlook which is installed in your computer system.
- After carrying out the process above, try to resend the email.
- Close all the applications that are running on your system.
- Reboot your computer.
- Log in to the system as an Administrator.
- Open the Compatibility tab and click on the checkbox to select Run this program as an administrator.
- Press OK.
- Right-click on the Sage software icon from the desktop and click on the Properties option.
- Open the Compatibility tab for Microsoft Outlook.
- Select the Run this program as an Administrator and click on OK.
- Try to email your document now.
- End all the applications that are running on your system.
- Now, reopen the Outlook on your system and check whether it opens up properly without any troubles.
Right-click on any documents on your system and select the Send To option and press Mail Recipient. If you are successful in sending the file then your Sage 50 error is resolved.
The resolutions mentioned in the article are suggested by the Sage experts. After following both the solutions above, you still have some problems in running your Sage 50 software then you should reach out to the technical support team. You should contact RemoteAccounting247 for assistance. They are one of the highly recommended customer support providing accounting consultancy. They provide 24*7 customer service. You can either call them on their toll-free customer support number +1-800-961-6588 or you can visit their website www.remoteaccouting247.com and request for Live Chat Support.