QuickBooks accounting software is developed and marketed by Intuit for small and medium industries. It is easy to use bookkeeping solutions but it is also susceptible to some of the technical and functional errors. One such technical error is QuickBooks Error 12007. You will encounter this QuickBooks error when your QB software installed in your desktop is unable to find an IP address for the server. This error is basically caused when your QuickBooks is unable to utilize your internet connection and the reason for it is that the applications which are installed in your system are hindering your application. Internet connection failure can also be held responsible for the occurrence of this QuickBooks error 12007. Another reason for this error may be your Internet Explorer is not set as a default browser or the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) checkbox may not checked or selected in your computer’s Internet Explorer Options.
Common Reasons behind QuickBooks Error 12007 are:
- Network Timeout– Interrupts Connection between QuickBooks Software and Network Server.
- Firewall– Settings configured for Firewall are restrictive and stopping Internet connection between QuickBooks and Server.
- Unchecked Secure Sockets Layer or Checkbox for SSL is cleared under the options of Internet Explorer.
Two basic resolutions as Recommended by Intuit
Resolution 1: Error Occured while Updating QuickBooks Software
Check Network Connection– Net connection setup between QuickBooks and server might be interrupted
Browse Knowledgebase– Go through similar articles providing resolution from the Intuit forums and community.
Customer Support Team– Connect with Intuit setup customer support team for QuickBooks for swift guidance in resolving the issue
Resolution 2: Error Occured while Updating QuickBooks Payroll Application
- Open the QuickBooks Software
- Click on Next tab on the error pop-up.
- Select the Advanced Connection Settings option.
- Under the window called Internet Properties click on Advanced tab
- Followed by checking the below mentioned options:
- Use SSL 2.0
- Use SSL 3.0
- Now select the Apply option and then OK tab.
- Close the window and then Restart the QuickBooks software.
- Now again try to Update the QuickBooks payroll Application.
The solution suggested above will help you to resolve your QuickBooks Error Code 12007. If you still need some technical support assistance, then you can contact the support team of www.RemoteAccounting247.com They are QuickBooks customer support providing agency who provide this service globally. They have hired QuickBooks professionals who are certified by Intuit and have experience in providing solutions for all kind of QuickBooks issues. You can give a call on their customer support toll-free number +1-800-961-6588. They provide QuickBooks 24X7 customer service, so you can get connected to them at any point in time. You can request for online chat support by visiting their website. They have hired Intuit certified QuickBooks professionals who will provide you with the best possible solution for your issue.