Make sure that you verify the following information before you transfer Sage to the new computer.
Transfer Sage To The New Computer
- Make sure that the new computer meets all the minimum system requirements.
- Open your Sage Account –> Click on the Menu Bar –> Now, click Help, Now, select Account.
- From Here, jot down following information: Sage Account ID, Email ID, and Password, Encrypted Password that you used for the first time while uploading data.
- Now, make sure you log-in to the New Computer as an Administrator.
Positively Take a Back-up of Your Data on The Current System
It is very important that you take a back-up of your data on the system that you are using right now. The backup you are taking should be error-free and takes a back-up of all the files. If there is more than one company, you need to repeat this step for all the companies separately. It is very important that you take backup of all the companies on some external source like Shared Drive or Pen Drive so that all data can easily transfer Sage to the new computer.
You may face some issues while running Check Data. Resolve the errors and then transfer Sage to the new computer
- Install Sage accounting software in your new system
- Use the new computer and connect your data with it.
- Choose the mode of connectivity of the data with the system.
- Now, restore the backup on new computer. The new data will be stored automatically.
If you are opening your Software for the first time, use Active Setup Wizard Feature to restore the backup on to your new computer.
- Initiating the procedure automatically takes the assumptions that transfer Sage to the new computer already.
- Open your Sage Account; Enter your Activation Key and Enter Serial Number. Select Continue and then Select OK.
- Whenever prompted, My Sage Registration Centre to check the activation key.
- Now, select Restore Data in Active Setup Wizard using your backup.
- Browse to the location, click on the backup, select Open and then click on Next.
- Select Restore.
Connect to Data Using Sage Drive
- Enter your Serial Number and Activation Key in your Sage Account. Select Continue and then select OK.
- When prompted, use Sage Registration Centre to verify the Activation key.
- Use Sage Drive to connect to the Data using Active Setup Wizard and then click on Next.
- Now, enter ID and Password of the Sage and then click on the Sign-in Click on Allow.
- Now, select the Required Company and select next.
- Enter Company’s Encryption Password and then Select Connect.
- In addition to this, go to the Menu Bar, Select File and then select Company.
- Follow 2-5 steps for all the Company Files.
Connect to Data on My Network
- Enter Activation Key and Serial Number in your Sage 50 Accounting software. Now, Click on Continue and then Select OK.
- Use My Sage Registration Centre to verify the Activation Key.
- Now, go to the Active Setup Wizard, select use the company that already exists in the network.
- Now, select Browse, Now, follow the path we are mentioning below to browse to the particular location: s:\Sage Data\Company.001
- Select OK and then click on Next and then Click on
- The Data that you have accessed, if it is from any previous version, it is suggested that you convert it before you process it.
- It has a provision to let you add multiple companies one by one. To do so, go to the Menu, select File, click on New and then click on OK.
- Follow 2-5 steps for all the company files.