Sage database connecting error can have many possible reasons. Out of all, if you have active Firewall Settings, it may not allow your Sage to connect with the Database which ultimately causes the trouble.
Reasons Behind Sage Database Connecting Error
- Your Sage folder might be connected with the Read-Only Attribute.
- The Folder or File might be missing that you are trying to connect with.
- The Active Firewall setting has blocked the Connection Manager
- The Windows Event has disabled the Log Services
- .NET Framework might be facing some issue or error
- The Connection Manager has not been properly installed on the server or it is not properly responding on the server.
- Permission issue with the Shared Location on the Server.
- Use of the UNC Address.
- Connection Manager is taken as a threat by the Anti-virus. Quarantine should be used for redirecting The Connection Manager to itself instead of the folder.
Here Are Some of The Available Options:
You need to turn the Connection Manager off and then restart it to solve Sage database connecting error.
- Open Windows and then open Control Panel –> Now, go to Administrative Tools and then go to Services
- Here, you will see the option named “Sage 50 Database Connection Manager”
- Right click on the option and then click on STOP. Now, right click on it again and then click on START.
- Now, check that the company file is opening or not. To do so, try to open it.
If you still see the error message, this means that the service has not yet stopped. The Error Message that pops up Sage database connecting error. After following the above procedures, if you get this error message, it means you don’t have admin rights/permission on the computer for your Sage accounting software.
Check the status of.SAJ Folder: Read-Only mode or not:
- Close your Sage software and any other tool/software working with it. Now, go to the location of the company file. Search.SAJ folder and then right-click on it.
- Now, click on Properties and then check the Read Only or not.
- You need to uncheck the Read Only option.
- Now, try to open the company file in Sage 50 Accounting Software.
Now, check whether you can view Folder/File in.SAJ folder or not:
- Go to the location where you have saved or stored all.SAJ Files.
- Now, right click on the folder and then click on properties.
- Here, you will see the Hidden box, you need to uncheck all the option available on the screen.
- Now, click on apply the settings and then click on OK
- Now, check whether you are able to open the folder or not. You also need to check whether you are able to access all tools and features or not.
- Now, recheck the folder just to ensure that you are able to access all files and folder that you need during the operation.