The very first question arises, What is Data corruption in Sage- It simply means the errors occurred in the underline database which stores all your financial data. It is pretty obvious that corrupt data cannot be relied upon. In the end, it will result in faulty reports because the sage program may not able to read the data correctly. At the end of the year, maybe your accountant will not be able to rely on the date you provide. So this problem is very big and needs to solve instantly. For this, our support team will help you in anything related to sage, from sage pro support to sage premier support. To know how to solve backup error in sage 50 read this article.
How Can I Tell if my data is corrupt?
If you experience any of these, it means your data is corrupt:
- Force Software Closures.
- Unexpected behavior in the software you use.
- The incorrect information being produced
Reasons behind Backup Error in Sage 50:
Let us understand the reasons that cause the Backup error in sage 50 in the first place. By understanding the core reasons you will be better able to handle the troubleshooting method. So here are the reasons:
- When the ‘SAJ’ folder gets too large due to the presence of previous backup files, it may result in ‘Backup error in sage 50.’
- In extension when the hierarchical older backfiles are also stored in the ‘SAJ’ folder, it can result in exponential storage inflation, and hence result into this error.
Let us resolve the Backup error in sage 50:
You must make sure that the company file is in ‘Single User mode’ so that you can safely create a backup.
Here are some solutions to fix the error:
Quick Fix 1:
The first solution is to use a USB drive to back up the file:
- Open the ‘Sage 50’ backup window.
- You need to change the location of for the backup. For instance: Change the location from USB driver to another folder on your PC.
Quick Fix 2:
Another way to resolve this error is to:
- Right-click on the desktop shortcut of ‘Sage 50 Accounting Program.’
- From the drop-down menu please select ‘Run as Administrator.’
- Now choose ‘Restore from backup’ option.
- Just follow the on-screen instructions of the wizard for restoring the backup.
- If you are able to create the backup then it means that your Windows has limited Sage 50.
- In such a case uninstall and reinstall the ‘Sage 50 accounting program.’
Tip: Make sure you have disabled any antivirus or Firewall that may create obstructions in the proper installation of the ‘Sage 50 Accounting Program.’
Quick Fix 3:
The third solution is to deal with the large size of files due to the presence of previous backup files in the ‘SAJ’ folder:
- Close Sage 50.
- Open ‘Windows Explorer.’
- Locate the data file on your PC.
- Open the.SAJ folder.
- Please select the back files that have an extension ‘.cab’ or select the entire folder of back up files to move it out of the ‘SAJ’ folder.
Tip: Inspect the ‘simply’ and the ‘mysql’ folders for any hidden backup files.
Note: Do not save any backup file into the ‘SAJ’ folder otherwise you may run the risk of the error to crop up again!
Quick Fix 4:
Another solution to resolve ‘Backup error in sage 50’ is as follows:
- Uninstall the ‘Sage 50 accounting program.’
- Download the latest version of Sage 50 on your computer.
- Install the program and restore it from the backup.
The scope of Service:
By following the above steps we hope you were able to resolve the backup error in sage 50, sage 50 back up not responding error, sage 50 restore failed error, sage 50 backup file extension, sage restore error creating file, sage peachtree restore from backup and much more. In case you need any further customized support our sage errors support team are happy to assist you. For any issues:
- Call Sage toll-free number ✆+1-800-961-6588
- You can find a lot of information on Sage accounting software on their official website.
- The alternative method to get in touch with the experts. You just have to write an email stating your Sage related queries and they will respond you back with the best solution to your problem.